Learn all the important facts related to GOVERNMENT POLICIES SSC CGL UPSC , important for prelims.
Quick Look on Government policies SSC cgl UPSC
- Lodha Committee Report
- Function: Report on working of BCCI to Apex Court
- Basic Recommendations: Present status as to how cricket is run and how to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Recommended policy of ‘One State, One member, One Vote’.
- Separating IPL from other working of BCCI.
- Introduction of 3 new designated positions: Ombudsman, electoral officer and ethics officer.
- BCCI should come under RTI.
- Legalization of betting with good and strong guidelines.
- Establishment of player’s association, whose members shall be all retired Indian International and 1st class players. They should be retired no less than 5 years.
- President promulgates on Enemy Property Ordinance
- Enemy property under Defense of India Act states those lands and companies whose owner has left India to Pakistan in 1947.
- Central government had vested the enemy properties to the Enemy Properties of India (Custodian).
- Bill on Transport and Road Safety
- Its aim is to reduce accidents by 50%.
- During past decade over 10 lakh people have been killed in road accidents.
- Its purpose is to introduce new technology for better safety. Sell of cheaper spare parts for vehicles. Amendments to Motor Vehicles Act.
- India still follows the old traditional policy of “Driver’s fault” in case of any accident.
- Nayi Manzil Scheme
- Aim: To ensure quality skill education for minorities for better job opportunities.
- It has been introduced in J&K firstly by Najma Heptulla, Minister for minority affairs.
- GoI and World Bank ratified a $50 mil for this.
- It also aims to provide loans for minorities to start-up new enterprises.
- It shall cover people between the age 17-35.
- Minimum 30% is allotted for minority girls.
- India stands 76th on CPI
- Presently India moved to 76th position (from 85th position) with countries like Brazil, Thailand etc sharing the position.
- Denmark remains the least corrupt country.
- Pakistan continues to ignore their sorry state of affairs as they ranked 117th, worse in SAARC.
- China is at rank 83, Bangladesh at 139 while Bhutan ranked 27, best in SAARC.
- Half of G20 nations have serious corruption issues.
- Kilkari Project
- Government will soon introduce mobile voice message service i.e. Kilkari Project.
- It will give weekly texts to families on nutrition, family planning, pregnancy and child care.
- The application is given by Bill Gates and Melinda Gates foundation.
- It’s introduced by Dept. of Pension and Pensioners.
- It aims to show the best works of an retiring employee to share his/her experience for new employees.
- Apex Court on Kerala’s Liquor Prohibition policy
- Supreme Court has approved Kerala’s version of Liquor prohibition policy which bars anyone to drink in public and serving liquor in hotels.
- Kerala accounts for about 14% of India’s liquor consumption.
- Article 47 of the Constitution: The state shall endeavor to bring about prohibition of the consumption except for medicinal purposes of intoxicating drinks and of drugs which are injurious to health.
- It will close down 70 bars and about serving alcohol in about 20 hotels.
- National Development Council (NDC) to be eliminated
- NDC is likely to be scrapped and its powers will be transferred to NITI Aayog’s Governing Council.
- By brining it in NITI aayog the state governments will have a much greater say in its affairs.
- MOIA to merge with MEA
- Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs likely to be merged with Ministry of External Affairs as there is no point in having two ministries having same staff.
- It will quicken its functions as there will not be any duplication of works.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- It will replace UPA govt.’s provision of urban amenities in rural regions.
- It will provide local entrepreneurship, skill development, infrastructure amenities and various economic activities.
- It will help in all round growth in rural regions.
- Its one the major aim is to lower the burden of urban regions by empowering rural areas.
- 100 clusters will be benefited for the current year and 200 more for upcoming two years.
- A Decade of MGNREGA
- World Development Report termed it as ‘Stellar example of rural development’ in 2014.
- This has lowered poverty by more than 30% between 2005 and 2012.
- It has provided benefit to 276 million workers by producing 19.86 billion person-days of employment.
- 57% of total workers are women which is much higher than proposed 33%.
- It has empowered Gram Panchayats.
- This Act Guarantees a work of minimum 100 days in a year.
- Swachh Survekshan
- It has been started by Ministry of Urban Development to study the working of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- It will oversee all state capitals and other 53 cities.
- Mysuru has ranked as most clean city in India, Chandigarh ranked 2nd followed bt Tiruchi.
- Out of maximum 2000 points, 60% were on solid waste management, 30% on toilet construction and 5% on sanitation.
- HL Dattu became chairperson, NHRC
- Former CJI was chosen to be Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission.
- NHRC is an autonomous public body under Human rights ordinance.
- It has been given statutory basis by the protection of human rights Act, 1993.
- The Chairperson is appointed by Honorable President on the recommendation of a committee consisting of:
- The Prime Minister (Narendra Modi)
- The Home Minister (Rajnath Singh)
- Leader of Opposition of Lok Sabha (Milikaranjan Kharge)
- Leader of opposition, Rajya Sabha (Ghulam Nabi Azad)
- Speaker of Lok Sabha (Sumitra Mahajan)
- Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha ( J. Kurien)
Hope you have liked our efforts on Government policies SSC cgl UPSC important for prelims.
INCOMING SEARCH TERMS
Government policies ssc cgl UPSC
SSC CGL PRELIMS