Important banking awareness questions SBI PO,IBPS, BOB etc, that will provide you an extra edge over the other candidates competing with you.
IMPORTANT BANKING AWARENESS QUESTIONS SBI PO, IBPS,BOB 2017
Reserve Bank of India regulates and controls the entire banking system of India, operates the country’s credit and currency system, it is also responsible for the printing of India’s currency notes. RBI commenced its operations on 1st April 1935 during the British Rule in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934. After the independence on 15th August 1947, the RBI was nationalized in January 1949. RBI is a member of Asian Clearing Union and Alliance for Financial Inclusion.
These facts are essential part of Bank Exam which consists of questions regarding the same in banking awareness section.
- The RBI logo was inspired from the East India Company’s Double Mohur.
- RBI follows July to June financial year because RBI looks into the books of banks and then prepares its statutory document called as Annual Report.
- J Udeshi is the first women to become the deputy governor of RBI.
- Manmohan Singh is the only Prime Minister to have also served as the RBI Governor.
- D Deshmukh is the first Indian to hold the position of the Governor of RBI.
- RBI has 29 offices in India and most of them are located in the state capitals.
- RBI has a Monetary museum in the premises of the Mumbai head office.
- RBI was formed in 1st April 1935.
- RBI is only responsible for the printing of currency notes, minting of the coin is not done by Reserve Bank India.
- RBI demonetized (5,000) and (10,000) currency notes in 1938, these (5,000) and (10,000) currency notes were reintroduced in 1945 and again demonetized in 1978.
- RBI was also the central bank for two other countries.
- Pakistan (till 1948)
- Mayanmar (1947)
- The reserve bank of India was set up on the recommendations of the Royal Commission on Indian Currency and Finance also known as the Hilton-Young Commission.
- RBI does not have any class II employees, it has only Class I, Class III & Class
The RBI fast facts play an important role in determining the sectional cutoff so this section needs to be well versed. The candidate should have enough knowledge to clear the cutoff of IBPS Exam or other banking exams.
Hope you will like these facts that might help you in your exams you might be also interested in checking out our latest Free Crash Course related to English given below for those who think they are weak in English and General Awareness for SSC CGL 2017
Brojesh Baidya is a content writer by profession with a degree in Engineering. In addition to writing, he likes to compose music of his own. He is presently exploring all about the digital education with Byju’s-the Learning App.